There are many reasons why a property owner/investor/landlord would decide to enter the rental market. The finding of a tenant is often just a small step in a successful letting. There are many things to consider from legal issues and tenant referencing to gas certificates and ongoing maintenance of the property .
At Harveys Property Management we like to keep it simple fair and transparent. This is why we offer three types of service:
Option 1 – Tenant Find Service
This service is designed for experienced landlords who are happy with their legal requirements as a landlord and are happy to deal with the day to day management of their property.
We will advertise your property and then once a suitable tenant has been found we will reference/credit check them and prepare all legal documents including the appropriate tenancy agreement, the inventory, and any relevant notices. We will also arrange for the deposit monies to be placed within a deposit scheme.
You as the landlord will then be responsible for all the ongoing issues that may arise, rent collections, tenancy renewals, having the correct certificates in place etc.
- Visit the property and advise a current rental valutaion
- Obtain photographs for advertising purposes
- Advertise the property on our website, social media sites and property portals i.e.. Right Move etc
- Erect a TO LET board to the front of the property
- Accompany all viewings and obtain references from an independent referencing company
- Arrange a inventory of the property including photographs (unfurnished), (a more comprehensive inventory for furnished properties at an additional charge)
- Drawing up the tenancy agreement and any associated documents and arrange signatures
- Organisation of Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), Gas Safety Certificate which are required by law (additional cost)
- Oversee the moving in of new tenants and obtain meter readings of all utilities. Inform all relevant services and local council regarding details of new tenant
- Collection of deposit and first week/months rent
- Arange for deposit to be put in a Deposit Scheme
- Organise all future payments by standing order to the landlord
Option 2 – Advertise Only Service
Again this service is designed for the experienced landlord. We understand that getting your empty property seen by potential tenants is difficult. We have many years experience of this and know exactly the best place for your property to be seen. We will advertise your property on our website, social media sites and property portals i.e. Right Move etc for a one off fee. You will then be responsible for all viewings, sorting the tenancy, arranging an inventory, sorting the appropriate legal requirements, ongoing management, rent collections etc yourself.
Option 3 – Key Holder Service
By choosing this option, we will hold a set of keys to arrange any 24 hour emergency repairs, regular inspections and emergency access while you are away from the property. You can be assured that any problems will be dealt with in an efficient and professional manner.